Do you know how to do search engine optimization or SEO work? Search engine optimization is an internet or online marketing strategy that aims to develop the presence of a website in the search engines. Though there are many search engines available right now, Google remains to be one of the most popular ones. Therefore, it is ideal for you to employ all means necessary to ensure a high page rank for your blog or website.
Ironically, there are times when this mentality doesn’t always work for the best when it comes to SEO. Too much and too little of something can both be bad. You have to learn the tricks of the trade when it comes to the latest search algorithm update sent out by Google. Right now, that means adhering to the website content standards that Google is looking for.
Tips In Surviving The Latest Google Panda Update
Google spokesperson Matt Cutts implied on his speech in this year’s South by Southwest festival that they would implement a system that would weed out websites which are too focused on SEO strategies but offer too little relevant content to their readers. This means sites that use techniques like keyword stuffing and too much link building will most likely be penalized. Is yours in danger of being banned? Here are some pointers you might want to take note of to avoid being penalized by Google:
Prioritize your audience’s needs over SEO matters.
It’s definitely high time for websites to offer more relevant and information-rich content to their users. Scrap articles that have too many keywords but have very little useful content. Depart from the technique of submitting spun articles and blogs.
Invest in authoritative, credible, and reliable content.
You need to concentrate more on providing your readers articles and stories which are timely, credible, reliable, and informative. Back when Internet was not yet around, people relied on the integrity of experts and professionals for trustworthy and practical information. They regarded news and features as noteworthy content. Strict quality controls are implemented to ensure that all written and published works will be deemed accurate and true. Incorporate these principles into your site’s content so you can achieve a sense of authority in your articles too.
Always link to good quality sites.
Now it is more important to link to good quality sites than link to many micro sites that don’t have a high domain authority or page rank. Be wise in buying profile links. Make sure that you are linking to useful, credible, and trustworthy sites too
Keep abreast with the latest from Google.
In order to avoid being banned by Google, always stay tuned to their updates. Join forums and communicate with fellow SEO specialists. This way, you’ll always be in the loop and would be one of the first ones to find out if there are any changes made by Google again.
Doing SEO work need not be tiring and frustrating if you are open-minded when it comes to employing SEO strategies. Be diligent and avoid doing illegal SEO methods. They may give you instant boost but they can also get you penalized in the future. Always be hungry for SEO information and you’ll never go wrong when it comes to optimizing your blogs and websites.
Niña Angeli Pilapil is expert in promotional ideas and a writer who loves reading books and novels. She works for Promopeddler, a promotional products company. Visit her Twitter page at http://twitter.com/ninsbonita.
- Google Search by Images : Explained And Analysed Google just rolled out another awesome feature called ‘Search By Images’. Search by images is a reverse-search feature to discover all sorts of content that’s...
- Google : What do you love ? Are you one of those who only know one aspect of Google’s service – Search? Well then Google has brought up something to give you...
- 3 Awesome iPhone Apps for Webmasters If you’re a webmaster and also own an iPhone, you’ve probably wondered what apps might make maintaining and even improving your website easier on your...
- Google Maps 5.7 released with Transit Navigation and other cool features! Google released Google Maps 5.7 for Android yesterday.The new version of this navigation tool has Transit Navigation.Now you get stop-by-stop navigation for bus and train...
- 6 features that made me stick to Opera Browser! Its been years since I ditched IE for Opera and there are several reasons for it. Opera is a web browser and Internet suite developed by...