As I mentioned in my last post, I have moved over to Chrome.The first thing I did was install some extensions to make Chrome more usable! These are some useful plugins that give you the simplicity of mouse gestures, the ease of navigation using speed-dial, the undo-ing ability to reopen tabs and the on-the-fly webpage to PDF creation power.Here they are.
1 ) Smooth Gestures:
Smooth gestures brings the mouse gestures feature to Chrome.You can easily navigate inside chrome using this extension.This Mouse Gestures extension allows you to move the mouse while holding the right mouse button to trigger actions, such as page navigation or tab management.It supports 3 kinds of gestures.
- click-and-drag (mouse gesture)
- click-and-scroll (scroll gesture)
- click-and-click (rocker gesture)
Smooth gestures also allows you to customize the inbuilt gestures.You can goto the options page, select and action and change its trigger mouse gesture.It allows you to add your own actions.Eg: you can create a mouse gesture which opens Google.com for example.Lots of possibilities.Overall, smooth gestures increases usability of chrome four-fold!!
Link : Smooth Gestures Extension
2) Speed-Dial :
This extension replaces Chrome new tab with your predefined visual bookmarks.The first time you use it, you are presented with an empty speed-dial.All you need to do is click on the speed-dial position, select the URL and name of the site.In addition speed-dial provides you with 100s of site logos to make your dial look really cool.
Have a look at the top row of my speed dial.The facebook and Gmail images are inbuilt.Rest of the thumbnails are created by the plugin itself.You can customize the background image as well.The speeddial also features a Google Search Bar to simplify searching
Link : SpeedDial
3) Sexy Undo Tab:
This extension can bring back tabs from the dead! If you’ve accidently closed a tab, you can click the little undo tab button next to your address bar and recall the tab.It shows the number of links in history.You can search through the closed tabs to locate the one you want.There’s a clear button incase the undo tabs area is too cluttered.
Link : Sexy Undo Tab extension
4) Web2PDFConverter :
This extension creates a Web2Pdf button next to your address bar.Click on it a select ‘Convert to PDF’.Donot click anywhere else until the extension is done.After conversion, you can either download the PDF or can view it directly in Google Docs.The only problem with this is , it inserts its logo in every page of the PDF.
Here is the sample PDF of this site created by Web2PDF – Download Sample PDF
- 6 features that made me stick to Opera Browser! Its been years since I ditched IE for Opera and there are several reasons for it. Opera is a web browser and Internet suite developed by...
- How to manually delete Viruses from pen drives. I am sure there would’ve been times when your PC got infected by a virus because of an infected pen drive.So today we shall...
- Must Haves for Bloggers – Addthis When you start a blog, its necessary to somehow promote your posts as well as allow your readers to share your content to the world...
- How to view Hidden Files, Can’t Open Pen Drives / Local Drives Directly, here is the solution This is a mindblowing tool just completely solves all those pesky problems in one short, It eliminates Hidden File Not visible Problem Problem which...