The iPhone has rapidly risen in popularity to become one of the highest selling smartphones in the world. This is largely due to its tremendous App Store, which allows you to customize your phone with various games, organizers, and functionality improvements. In fact, the App Store is so diverse the popular saying is that whatever your goals are, there is an app to help you accomplish it.
These days, the one goal on everyone’s mind is finding ways to save money. As you may have guessed, there are apps for that too.
Here are 5 apps for the iPhone that will save you money:
The LivingSocial app is designed to save you money on all the shopping and little things you buy in your local area. What the app does is negotiate with the various retailers for special discounts in your neighborhood and then send the deals to your smartphone. Many of these deals can save you anywhere from 50 to 90 percent off the standard retail price. The deals can range across a number of products from food to electronics. You can purchase the items directly through the app.
Pageonce is an app that provides you with a visual of your entire financial situation. It displays your various bills and debt as well as any savings accounts or investment portfolios. You can enter any bill or expense and set reminders for when they need to be paid. It will simplify your finances and help you save money by helping you figure out where exactly you need to pare down. The app does, however, come with a monthly fee of $4.99
This iPhone App is designed to help you save money when you shop at the local grocery store. Basically, this lets you add items that you have already placed in your pantry and checks them against a recipe database to find out what you can cook with the ingredients you have available. Conversely, adding recipes to the program will allow you to figure out what ingredients you are missing.
This will help you pick up the necessary items and prevent you from buying things you don’t need. One of the biggest ways people routinely waste money is buying in excess and having that food spoil before it can be eaten. Ziplist takes care of that and is fun way to spice up the kitchen with new and affordable dishes. The app is available for free on the App Store.
Regardless of when you read this article, there is one thing that will always be timeless. Specifically speaking, the outrageous cost of gas. GasBuddy is an app that pinpoints your location and then finds all the gas stations in the area. It will then sort by prices and fuel type, allowing you to find the cheapest gas that meets your vehicle specifications. Too often drivers settle for the first gas station they see, when driving a few extra blocks could save them a ton of money in the long term. This app is also available on the App Store for free.
5. Key Ring Rewards
There are so many rewards and points programs available, sometimes keeping track of them can be a chore. So much of a chore that you may abandon the idea of joining these programs altogether. Key Ring Rewards solves this dilemma by organizing all rewards programs you are currently enrolled in with various retail and grocery stores. It can also keep track of any specialty programs you are involved in such as prescription drug discounts.
Kate Edwards is a writer for credit report.org.uk and covers a wide range of personal finance topics.
- Now record panoramic videos in Iphone! There’s no doubt you would’ve seen an Iphone app that lets you take panoramic images. But what if we extend the idea of panorama to...
- Apple to allow app rentals? According to recent findings, inside the BETA release for iTunes 10.5 comes a code that hints directly at the future ability for users to rent...
- How does Facebook make money? I was sitting idle in office the other day, when a discussion on Facebook sprung up. A colleague asked me, “How exactly does Facebook make...
- Android Phone Battery Saver Majority of our Android Phones are heavy drinkers of power. And we often end up charging our phones more than once a day. Now here...
- Angry Birds – Facts,Figures & Links for All Platforms Angry Birds is a puzzle video game developed by Finland-based Rovio Mobile.The game was first released for Apple’s iOS in December 2009. Since that time,...