Although Android phones are great mobile operating systems but they might seem to be quite complicated to use for a newcomer. They have got varying manufacturers, hardware and screen sizes. Therefore, almost every phone differs from the other. Hundreds of settings make it difficult for the user to identify the optimum way of using them.
Here are some general tips and tricks which will guide you how to get best out of your Android phone:
- Controlling the Volume
You can easily control all notification volumes by going in shortcuts, choosing settings and then selecting sound and display settings. In order to turn the ringer volume off instantly, access it on side of the phone and make it silent. You can also rotate speaker volume to the left for achieving silent mode, if the screen is locked.
- Airplane Mode
Airplane mode can easily be achieved instantly while the phone is even unlocked through pushing the power button and holding it for a second and then releasing it.
- Fast Way of Navigation
A fast and easy way to navigate open programs is to press and hold the home button. It will provide you a list of running applications.
- Call Screening
You can easily open the contact of the person you want to avoid by opening options in select menu and chime the incoming calls of this person directly to your voice mail.
- Caller Ringtones
You can allocate separate custom ring tones to the callers of your choice in contact directory.
- Alarm Clock
Increase the battery life of your phone by adding alarm clock to the task killer.
- Organize and Rename Folders
It is a good option to organize your things in folders. You can also rename them for perfection. Just open the folder you want to rename, long press its name to get the renaming field.
- Launch Shortcuts
Its keyboard has got customized collection of shortcuts. This can be found by going in settings, applications and then selecting quick launch.
- Exciting Wallpapers
Newer versions have got exciting and animated live wall papers. This doesn’t only look cool but gives life to your home screen too. Also, this feature doesn’t hinder battery life of your phone. You can load as many types of wallpaper as you like.
You can use all your screens simultaneously by this feature which brings thumbnails of the entire home screens at the bottom of screen, and you can easily switch from first to last screen.
- Changing browser font size
Android phone also offers the facility of changing browser font size. It helps you to select the size of your choice for better readability.
- Searching Web Pages
You have also got the option of searching web pages through your phone.
Hence, you will be able to use your android phone effectively by making use of the mentioned tips. You will now not feel lost in the layers of option screens of your Android phone but will be able to get hold of any version available.
Russel Browne wants to provide some useful tips which would be quite beneficial to smooth the way of Test4prep exam clearance. Would you like to go through GIAC Certifications guide self assessment tutorials.
- Top 7 Android Gingerbread Tips & Tricks Android 2.3 or more commonly known as Gingerbread, is one of the most advanced operating system available currently for Google Android mobile phones. There are...
- 5 Great Reasons Why You Should Root Your Android Phone What is Android Rooting? In simple words, it can be defined as the necessity to take your Smartphone operating with Android to the next level...
- How to speed up your Android phone The progress of the Android developers is easy to be noticed. The applications are becoming much more complex, with better graphics and much higher capabilities....
- Move Dump Files to SD Card on your Samsung Android Phone Everyone is perpetually looking to increase their internal memory, especially if you are stuck in a mid range Android Phone with low internal memory like...
- Android Phone Battery Saver Majority of our Android Phones are heavy drinkers of power. And we often end up charging our phones more than once a day. Now here...