Android 2.3 or more commonly known as Gingerbread, is one of the most advanced operating system available currently for Google Android mobile phones. There are many hidden features within Gingerbread that many people do not know about. Hence, we will concentrate on the top seven Android Gingerbread features within this article. The top seven Android Gingerbread features are as follows:
SIP Internet Calling
Session Initiation Protocol or (SIP) enables free calls over the Internet via your mobile phone. Users must have SIP accounts and addresses to be able to call each other directly from their mobile phones. Gingerbread really makes it easy for anyone to get a SIP account and add their friends and family to it in order to be able to talk for free.
Store apps on SD card
Gingerbread allows users to store anything they want on the attached SD card. For example you can store all your applications on a SD card, so if you need to backup or restore your Android platform it will be much easier to do. Start storing applications on your SD card by simply going to settings, applications, manage applications, and then move any app you want to the SD card from there
Gmail account switching
With Gingerbread, users that have multiple Gmail accounts will have the ability to switch between any one of them very easily. Simply go to the Gmail app then tap the name of your account to go within that specific account, fast and easy. All Gmail users will love this new feature.
Improved voice navigation
Gingerbread has the most advanced voice recognition software ever produced by Google for the Android platform. Simply click on the magnifying glass icon on your Android phone and hold it for 2 seconds and you will see that Google voice recognition option pop-up. At this point you have multiple options; you can make a call, find directions, find a map, find a place, play music and do many other functions as well.
The ability to manage apps within Gingerbread has greatly improved compared to the previous Froyo platform. At the home screen, press the menu button and then go to manage apps. From there you can view a list of all apps, running apps and none running apps as well. Management of apps from this point on is so easy that a six-year-old can do it.
Improved copy and paste feature
You can now copy and paste from the browser, e-mail messaging, text messaging and within many other apps as well. Press and hold any text for one second and two handle bars will appear with the cursor in between. Just move the two handle bars left or right to select as much text as you want to copy and then go to any other application press and hold the screen to paste.
Write memos quickly
Easily write a memo and or a to do list for yourself in seconds. Just click on the magnifying glass icon on the right off your phone and hold it for a second and once voice recognition pops up say “note to self” whereupon you be directed to a note App where you can start inputting your note or to do item.
At the time of writing this article, 70% off all Android users have converted to the new Gingerbread platform. There are some left over Froyo users as well but that will change very soon with the upcoming new release of “Ice Cream”, which is the newer version of the Android platform, after Gingerbread. Android phones running Gingerbread are also getting cheaper and cheaper. Verizon is offering great savings on their Gingerbread phones too, just go to Verizon fios deals page to see all of their offers.
- Gmail Tips and Tricks Gmail is the fastest email application today. There are many people who love their Gmail account, but they don’t understand all of the Gmail Features,...
- Android Phone Battery Saver Majority of our Android Phones are heavy drinkers of power. And we often end up charging our phones more than once a day. Now here...
- Top 5 Smart-Phones of 2011 Gone are the times when mobile phones were just devices used to call and message. With cutting edge technologies, various systems working on different platforms...
- Move Dump Files to SD Card on your Samsung Android Phone Everyone is perpetually looking to increase their internal memory, especially if you are stuck in a mid range Android Phone with low internal memory like...
- Top 5 Budget Android Tablets So the future has come where knowledge about internet providers is second nature and I think we have all come to face the facts that...