Facebook is a storehouse of data.All your wall posts, albums, videos, status messages etc form tons of content. If you’re like me, all this data will be precious to you. The status messaging showing your state of mind in different situation, your albums showing the moments you shared with your loved ones, the wallposts you used to ping your friends.Its all YOURS and now..its downloadable ! All downloadable,from the date you took your first step into Facebook. Well you may be also in the season of packing and moving with the launch of Google +.The download feature of Facebook now allows you to backup all your Facebook data.
Your file will include the following information:
- Your profile information (e.g., your contact information, interests, groups)
- Wall posts and content that you and your friends have posted to your profile
- Photos and videos that you have uploaded to your account
- Your friend list
- Notes you have created
- Events to which you have RSVP’d
- Your sent and received messages
- Any comments that you and your friends have made on your Wall posts, photos, and other profile content
Follow the below steps to get a copy of your data.
1) Go to your account tab on the top right of your blue Facebook bar.Click on account settings.
2) Click on learn more next to ‘Download your information’
3) Facebook will tell you what exactly will get downloaded.It includes photos, videos, posts, messages, friend list and the content shared on your profile.
Click on the green download button.
4) Facebook will take some time to fetch your info from the backend.
5) Soon enough, you’ll get an email with a link to download all your content
6) Click on the link to get redirected to the facebook download page and verify your identity with your Facebook password
6) Enter your password and you will get the final download link
My archive is 84Mb!
Just in case you’re not aware of the Facebook terms and conditions..have a look here
You hereby grant Facebook an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, fully paid, worldwide license (with the right to sublicense) to (a) use, copy, publish, stream, store, retain, publicly perform or display, transmit, scan, reformat, modify, edit, frame, translate, excerpt, adapt, create derivative works and distribute (through multiple tiers), any User Content you (i) Post on or in connection with the Facebook Service or the promotion thereof subject only to your privacy settings or (ii) enable a user to Post, including by offering a Share Link on your website and (b) to use your name, likeness and image for any purpose, including commercial or advertising, each of (a) and (b) on or in connection with the Facebook Service or the promotion thereof.”
- A brief opinion on Orkut v/s Facebook Social networking is perhaps what these times will be known for. The two biggest names in social network are undoubtedly Orkut and Facebook. However even...