I am sure there would’ve been times when your PC got infected by a virus because of an infected pen drive.So today we shall guide you to secure yourself against such attacks.The following guide is for WindowsXp
There are 2 points to be emphasized.
- Disabling of Autoplay service
- Deletion of hidden protected files from pendrives
Disabling of Autoplay service
What usually happens is, the infected pendrive contains an autorun.inf file which gets executed whenever the pendrive is inserted.This autoplay file in turn calls the virus exe files.
Follow the steps below:
3) Double click on the ‘Turn Off Autoplay’ option on the right pane
4) In the dialogue box, click on disabled and click ok.
5) That’s it, from now on autoplay will be skipped when storage devices are plugged in.
Deletion of hidden protected files from pendrives
Next comes the part where you delete the virus files..
1) Open windows explorer and goto Tools >> Folder Options
2) Select the view tab and uncheck the ‘Hide protected operating system files’
3) You will get a warning message, select yes.
4) Now goto the infected drive in explorer.
5) You shall see files like autorun.inf and other malicious looking files
6) Shift + Delete these files.
7) Incase tryin to use the same approach in hard-disks, be sure you donot delete actual system files.
- Program to create a Queue (Insert,Delete,Display) A queue is a particular kind of collection in which the entities in the collection are kept in order and the principal (or only) operations...
- Changing Permalinks in WordPress First of all, what are permalinks? Permalinks are the permanent URLs to your individual weblog posts, as well as categories and other lists of weblog...